Wednesday, September 07, 2011

The shortlist for this year's Man Booker Prize

Here's the shortlist for the Booker:

The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
 
Jamrach’s Menagerie by Carol Birch 
 
The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt 
 
Half Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan 
 
Pigeon English by Stephen Kelman 
 
Snowdrops by A.D. Miller

I've read two of them and loved both.  The Sisters Brothers was such a surprising read.  Here's what I thought of it: http://goo.gl/fozJQ

Stephen Kelman's Pigeon English was as delightful as it was haunting.  I still need to post about this but don't let that stop you from reading it.

I've no idea what kind of odds the British bookmakers are putting on these books but I'm guessing they are longshots.  The winner will be announced on October 18 in London.

No comments: