Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Howard Jones asked the musical question...

...What Is Love? and since it's Valentine's Day, I thought I'd offer a few suggestions for some great love stories.

High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
Rob loves Laura, no doubt, but unless he grows up, he'll never really know the depths of love.  Hornby hits a homer here. 

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
I've said it a million times but I think this is the most romantic book, perhaps ever, and it made me want to hug Mrs. Next.  Ignore the movie (even though I find it most difficult to ignore actress Rachel McAdams--yowza!) and read this stunning debut novel. 

The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
One of my absolute favorites of the last twenty years, I can't say enough about Krauss or this challenging read but the payoff is gigantic.  There is great love, loss, and pain in these characters.  Be patient and you will be amply rewarded. 

Now go love a book.




No comments: