Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The changing face of book publishing

I'm dying to write about the trip to Winter Institute in Louisville and will as soon as I have more time but it was really a marvelous thing to be a small part of. More later and with photos, too.

Until I find time, I thought I'd pass on this article from the New York Times that has people scratching their heads and giving them pause: seems people
in Japan are writing novels on their cell phones(!) and some of those are becoming traditional bestsellers. How bizarre, how bizarre, as the song goes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/world/asia/20japan.html?_r=2&pagewanted=2&ei=5087&em&en=9275f067f59eb69c&ex=1200978000&oref=slogin


Would you want to read a novel on your cell?
I can't imagine this is the way the next Hemingway will be discovered but it shows how new technologies are being embraced and applied. Scary but I doubt it's going to go away any time soon.

No comments: